Loading Vehicle Picker...
Exporting/Importing Cars from AustraliaWe specialise in helping you buy a car in Australia and have it exported to:
- South Africa (Refer to this page for detailed regulations.)
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
- Any other location
Documentation Required for Export/Import of Cars from AustraliaWe organise all documentation required. For details regarding importing vehicles into Australia, please see This Page.
Conditions for Export/ImportIn order to prevent fraud, the following conditions apply:
- 10% deposit on ordering.
- The full price of the car must be received before the car leaves the dealership.
- Transport costs to be paid for on delivery of shipping documentation.
Tips for car Exports/Import from Australia
- Cars here are right hand drive.
- Make sure authorities will accept vehicles that comply to Australian Design Rules. (Check with a customs agent).
- Be aware that there will be no factory warranty – unless you are prepared to bring the vehicle back to Australia.
- If you are a diplomat, you can generally avoid import duties in the country to which the car is exported, but GST applies just as it would in Australia. Also note that there may be regulations concerning the eventual sale of your vehicle.
- Import duty into Malaysia is generally around 200% of car value for private individuals.
- Import permit must be presented to shipper before car is loaded onto vessel if it is going to India.
- If you want to export a car from Australia, you need to have it cleared by customs at the other end. This can only be done by contacting a customs clearance agent over there. Rules and regulations change from time to time and it is not possible for us to keep up with exact requirements for each country on an ongoing basis.
Starting the ProcessIt is best to contact us to begin with and let us know where you are located, and what car you are after.
See what our customers say about carbroker.com.au