Loading Vehicle Picker...
How much will you save?Firstly, let’s get out the BS detector. The amount you will save depends on 2 things:
- What price you have already negotiated (if any).
- What make and model you are looking to buy.
It works like this: The higher the list price of the car, the more you will save. BUT there is great variety in each “price class”. Some makes are more flexible than others. Let me sum it up like this:
- The saving of $2,965 is based on the retail price of the last 500 cars we negotiated way back in 2006. Since then (it is now July 2017 as I write this), this figure has remained fairly constant. When our clients buy more of the higher priced cars, the number increases. We buy a lot of Toyota Corollas and Hyundai i30s at the moment, and it has brought down our average.
- Some cars are discounted by the dealers by $20,000 and more off the recommended retail price. Even cars costing less than $100,000. We don’t sell a lot of those particular cars (which perhaps is why they are so heavily discounted).
- CarBroker.com.au has arranged special discounts directly with certain manufacturers. These discounts are not available to the general public and are not paid for by the dealer. The manufacturers give it to us because we have reached certain volume targets.