Buying a new car can be an exciting and special occasion; for many, it may also be one of the biggest purchases of their lives. So it’s understandable people often get anxious at the prospect of dealing with car dealers, securing finance, selecting insurance, hidden expenses and even finding the right car at a good price, it can be exhausting. With Carbroker.com.au however, you can be assured that you will have great guidance along the way. We will advise you through the whole research process and even help you spot the tricks that some dealers employ to reel you in. Buying a car is easy when you have a friendly and helpful car broker who offers a full service.
Which Car Will You Buy?
For some, this is the most difficult part of the process. There are just so many brands, models, and specifications to consider. Cars are more than their engine size and colour; they are a financial commitment. Without some conscientious research, you could end up making an expensive mistake. Seeing as we eat, sleep and breathe cars, let us give you some very helpful pointers to help you narrow down your search.
- Do you want a four-wheel-drive, or do you genuinely need one? Be honest with yourself and narrow down your list of wants. Identify your needs, you probably need airbags and an aircon more than you need a sunroof.
- How much driving do you do? The more driving you do, the more you may need to consider your comfort. Comfort doesn’t only come in the form of heated seats, it’s also a smooth ride and the ability to handle the occasional pothole.
- If you mostly drive around town and you need better fuel economy, maybe a utility vehicle isn’t ideal for you. It will be more costly to maintain; it will need bigger parking spaces and even those with better fuel economy will still cost more in fuel.
- Do you prefer a manual or an automatic transmission? This factor makes a big difference in stop-start traffic, but it also affects the total cost of the car.
- How much luggage and passenger space do you need? If you have a family, you enjoy camping or you have a lot of sports gear, a small car won’t do. A utility vehicle or an SUV is likely to save the day.
- More than the car, what is your budget? Remember to include your insurance and on-road costs. Carbroker.co.au always ensures you get the full price of the vehicle, you won’t be surprised with last-minute GST, stamp duty or other costs
- How do you want to finance your car? There are pros and cons for all finance methods, Carbroker.com.au are glad to help you choose what’s right for you.
- Have you test-driven your favourite car? Don’t buy a car without putting it to the test in the most common driving conditions you encounter. Be careful though, don’t spend too much time in that dealership, before you know it, you’re in love and you will pay more for the car than you could have paid with our help.
- Before you jump into that purchase, be sure to get a quote from us. We can also advise you on your trade-in, finance, and insurance. We will ensure you get the best deal.
Find New Cars
Whether you are still choosing a car or you have something in mind, our network of dealerships will ensure that almost every brand of car available in Australia is just a click away.
Read Some Car Reviews
It’s a great idea to read some reviews on the cars which catch your eye. The best car reviews are independent and they will give you all the information you need to get a better idea of the specs you like and which ones you need.
Car Accessories and Factory Options
Car accessories can get really exciting, you can choose from factory options, dealer options and aftermarket options. Some of the most professionally fitted accessories will naturally come straight from the factory but in many instances, the dealer and after-sale options are just as good. Make sure that your chosen service provider is reputable and certified.
Before you go ahead and choose accessories, find out the impact on the total cost of the vehicle, it could put your car into the luxury car tax category. Also, find out if the accessory will void your warranty and if it will affect the performance of your car. Some nonstandard low-profile tyres and mag wheels will affect your shock absorption amongst other things.
For businesses and companies buying fleets, there are incredible discounts which come in handy if your business qualifies for them. There are three, the Factory Fleet discount (also known as the National Fleet discount), the General Fleet discount and there are also Corporate Programs. These discounts are dependent on a few factors; the manufacturer, the dealership, and the number of cars your company buys, amongst others. Carbroker.com.au will help you get even bigger discounts still.
A Fair Trade-In
Some dealerships rely on trade-ins to make big profits but Carbroker.co.au can help you prevent this. We can advise you accordingly on how to get the best price for your trade-in, how to sell it quickly and we will also speak to at least seven dealerships on your behalf to get you a competitive price on your trade-in.
Dealer Sales Tactics
Some sales tactics are more obvious than others. If you haven’t bought a car in a while you probably need a refresher. Some of them involve stretching the truth, others jiggling the figures but mostly you will find that they will try to keep you in the dealership as long as possible. Dealerships aren’t all bad, but the going in and talking to them can be time-consuming. There is one solid way to avoid this, use a reputable car broker.
Reverse Car Auctions
Unlike normal auctions, in a reverse car auction, there is one buyer and many potential sellers. In this instance, dealerships compete to sell their cars, with each bid they will decrease their price in the hope of selling you their car. This industry is unregulated, so if you decide to go this route do your homework and read all of the fine print.
Now that you know just how to best research your new car, you can move the process along, pick your car, start test driving and get a quote.
Thankyou very much Carbroker.com.au for helping us to buy our new car. We are very happy with the process of buying a car through Carbroker.com.au. We usually have big arguments over haggling so it was a great relief to get CarBroker to do all the hard work to relieve the stress on us and our marriage. And we still got a great price!
It is a sorely needed service as we have had nothing but stress and grief with the dealers we have approached ourselves.
Negotiating a deal with a professional car salesman is tough and time-consuming, especially if you don't have a lot of local experience. Having someone act on your behalf creates an advantage that can't be ignored, and I have to say the $4,900 saving that I achieved off a $43,300 vehicle via Carbroker.com.au is definitely worth the minimal cost of registering an interest at the Carbroker.com.au web site. Thanks to Chris Wilson for this much-appreciated service.
I am impressed by your professional approach with your customers. Therefore, I have already recommended your service to my collegues, friends. I would again use your service in the future when I buy the next car for my wife. I will continue support you and your dealers in the future as you all are doing wonderful jobs!
Just picked up the Madza and we are both delighted with the price and the service. Your service is brilliant ... I can't of a better way to buy a new car. On behalf of Val and myself a BIG THANK YOU!
Picking up car on Friday. Saved >$3000. Thanks for everything. Would recommend process highly. Thanks!
Thanks for the quote. I am kicking my self slightly. In the weekend I went to my local dealer to test drive the car and was offered exactly my spec with 1500km on the clock. 3 months old for $55K (the GMs car). I had to make a call on the spot because another chap was also looking at it. I thought this would be pretty hard to beat so i went for it. If i had waited i guess i would have an absolutely new car and with 12 months worth of rego not 9. We live and learn. Next time. Thanks and regards
Living overseas but about to return to Australia, we found that buying a new car was going to be a daunting process. Carbroker.com.au took all the hassle out of it and came up with a very competitive price as well. All we had to do was choose the model, pay a deposit and then pick up the car as soon as we arrived back in Australia. This is a great service for expats who are returning to Australia
I haven't met you in person but felt like I knew you for ages. I really appreciate for the great help and assistance right through the process. I got my car yesterday. I Thank you once again for the best customer service. I will call you later. I just can't believe that computer technology and modern technology has really made the process quicker than I ever thought without compromising on service.
Chris, You are a champ. Your advice on the trade-in worked a treat. I have a buyer at $14,280. A cool $2280 above the original figure! Thanks mate!