Buying a new car can be an exciting and special occasion; for many, it may also be one of the biggest purchases of their lives. So it’s understandable people often get anxious at the prospect of dealing with car dealers, securing finance, selecting insurance, hidden expenses and even finding the right car at a good price, it can be exhausting. With Carbroker.com.au however, you can be assured that you will have great guidance along the way. We will advise you through the whole research process and even help you spot the tricks that some dealers employ to reel you in. Buying a car is easy when you have a friendly and helpful car broker who offers a full service.
Which Car Will You Buy?
For some, this is the most difficult part of the process. There are just so many brands, models, and specifications to consider. Cars are more than their engine size and colour; they are a financial commitment. Without some conscientious research, you could end up making an expensive mistake. Seeing as we eat, sleep and breathe cars, let us give you some very helpful pointers to help you narrow down your search.
- Do you want a four-wheel-drive, or do you genuinely need one? Be honest with yourself and narrow down your list of wants. Identify your needs, you probably need airbags and an aircon more than you need a sunroof.
- How much driving do you do? The more driving you do, the more you may need to consider your comfort. Comfort doesn’t only come in the form of heated seats, it’s also a smooth ride and the ability to handle the occasional pothole.
- If you mostly drive around town and you need better fuel economy, maybe a utility vehicle isn’t ideal for you. It will be more costly to maintain; it will need bigger parking spaces and even those with better fuel economy will still cost more in fuel.
- Do you prefer a manual or an automatic transmission? This factor makes a big difference in stop-start traffic, but it also affects the total cost of the car.
- How much luggage and passenger space do you need? If you have a family, you enjoy camping or you have a lot of sports gear, a small car won’t do. A utility vehicle or an SUV is likely to save the day.
- More than the car, what is your budget? Remember to include your insurance and on-road costs. Carbroker.co.au always ensures you get the full price of the vehicle, you won’t be surprised with last-minute GST, stamp duty or other costs
- How do you want to finance your car? There are pros and cons for all finance methods, Carbroker.com.au are glad to help you choose what’s right for you.
- Have you test-driven your favourite car? Don’t buy a car without putting it to the test in the most common driving conditions you encounter. Be careful though, don’t spend too much time in that dealership, before you know it, you’re in love and you will pay more for the car than you could have paid with our help.
- Before you jump into that purchase, be sure to get a quote from us. We can also advise you on your trade-in, finance, and insurance. We will ensure you get the best deal.
Find New Cars
Whether you are still choosing a car or you have something in mind, our network of dealerships will ensure that almost every brand of car available in Australia is just a click away.
Read Some Car Reviews
It’s a great idea to read some reviews on the cars which catch your eye. The best car reviews are independent and they will give you all the information you need to get a better idea of the specs you like and which ones you need.
Car Accessories and Factory Options
Car accessories can get really exciting, you can choose from factory options, dealer options and aftermarket options. Some of the most professionally fitted accessories will naturally come straight from the factory but in many instances, the dealer and after-sale options are just as good. Make sure that your chosen service provider is reputable and certified.
Before you go ahead and choose accessories, find out the impact on the total cost of the vehicle, it could put your car into the luxury car tax category. Also, find out if the accessory will void your warranty and if it will affect the performance of your car. Some nonstandard low-profile tyres and mag wheels will affect your shock absorption amongst other things.
For businesses and companies buying fleets, there are incredible discounts which come in handy if your business qualifies for them. There are three, the Factory Fleet discount (also known as the National Fleet discount), the General Fleet discount and there are also Corporate Programs. These discounts are dependent on a few factors; the manufacturer, the dealership, and the number of cars your company buys, amongst others. Carbroker.com.au will help you get even bigger discounts still.
A Fair Trade-In
Some dealerships rely on trade-ins to make big profits but Carbroker.co.au can help you prevent this. We can advise you accordingly on how to get the best price for your trade-in, how to sell it quickly and we will also speak to at least seven dealerships on your behalf to get you a competitive price on your trade-in.
Dealer Sales Tactics
Some sales tactics are more obvious than others. If you haven’t bought a car in a while you probably need a refresher. Some of them involve stretching the truth, others jiggling the figures but mostly you will find that they will try to keep you in the dealership as long as possible. Dealerships aren’t all bad, but the going in and talking to them can be time-consuming. There is one solid way to avoid this, use a reputable car broker.
Reverse Car Auctions
Unlike normal auctions, in a reverse car auction, there is one buyer and many potential sellers. In this instance, dealerships compete to sell their cars, with each bid they will decrease their price in the hope of selling you their car. This industry is unregulated, so if you decide to go this route do your homework and read all of the fine print.
Now that you know just how to best research your new car, you can move the process along, pick your car, start test driving and get a quote.
I haven't met you in person but felt like I knew you for ages. I really appreciate for the great help and assistance right through the process. I got my car yesterday. I Thank you once again for the best customer service. I will call you later. I just can't believe that computer technology and modern technology has really made the process quicker than I ever thought without compromising on service.
I just want to say thank you for all your effort in getting me a good deal on the car. I managed to save close to $6,000 from the initial quote given to us by a Toyota car dealer. I am very happy with your service and will surely recommend you to all my friends who are keen to buy a new car.
Thanks to Chris and the guys at Carbroker.com.au we took delivery of a top of the range model for the same price as a dealer had quoted for the base model. No haggling, no hassles, no hesitation in recommending this service.
Fast replies, great service and most importantly, extraordinary prices. Anyone buying a new car not using this service is not fair dinkum about getting the best price and probably paying too much. The service saved me thousands. Will definitely be using it again when next buying a new car and have been telling all my friends about it. Keep up the good work.
Thank you very much for an excellent service. I will certainly recommend you to all and any prospective car-buyers I come across in the future.
I must say that your service is excellent - using it should be a "no brainer" for anyone buying a car. Gaining access to a sourcing professional with deep domain expertise to assist with a high value purchase for under a $100 is fantastic. Many thanks
This is by far the best money I have EVER spent. An outlay of just a few dollars saved me thousands - even on a limited edition vehicle! In fact, I saved so much I added a few optional accessories and still bought the vehicle at less than the retail price for the car alone (not to mention dealer delivery fees and charges). The savings didn't end there. I saved another bundle with the insurance you recommended (approx 33% less than another quote I already had). The savings here will continue for years to come! Not only will I be recommending your services to everyone I know, I will be using your services again myself. This is the ultimate car purchasing experience! Thank you again for your excellent service and attention to detail.
Just a brief note to say thanks for your outstanding service. You managed to find a dealer who was prepared to reduce the purchase by some $6750 inclusive of all costs and then you went further by haggling for a better trade in for me giving me a change over cost of exactly $13500 less... THAT I CALL SERVICE...I shall certainly be singing your praises.
WOW FACTOR!! For the sevice provided, the lovely people that are always a pleasure to deal with and the easy delivery of the new car that I requested - I am an extremely happy customer. I was lucky to stumble across the Carbroker.com.au website and have told friends and family that there is no better way to buy. Chris - thanks for doing a great deal for me in the purchase of the Toyota - saved me thousands of $$$ and found me a beautiful new car. Fantastic website & a lovely person to do business with. Cheers!!
Just to let you know that we took delivery of the new Mazda SP23 last night with the customer service from the dealer first class. I would like to take this oportunity in thanking you for your help, professional advice and most important getting me a great deal on the Mazda SP23 that I would never have achieved.